Fly fishing instruction with James Murray
Flyactiv offer a prestigious fly fishing experience which will improve your knowledge and improve your fly fishing skills.
Name: James Murray
Phone: 01292 268896/ 07798 634570
Qualifications: APGAI, IFFF THCI, UKCC L2, GAIA
Instruction: single and double handed fly fishing
Levels: Beginners to advanced
Guided Fishing: Yes
All activities will be tailored to meet your exact needs or prospects of a group of fishers. Here’s what you could choose from:
- Full Casting MOT – a complete technique and tackle checkover, with written feedback sheets and advice on how your casting could be improved together with a recommended practice regime.
- Casting under all conditions, coping with strong winds, wading safely, fishing around obstacles and achieving drag-free drift.
- Guided Trout Fishing or Salmon Fishing at the venue of your choice.
- Fly Tying Tuition – learn how to make all of the flies that you use.
- Fly Recognition – learn about insect life cycles and how to match the hatch.
- Dry fly, Czech/French nymphing and streamer fishing for trout/grayling.
- Using the latest Salmon tackle techniques – Spey, Skagit, and Shooting-head styles.
Fly fishing with instructor Justin Connolly
“For beginners I would recommend an introductory 2 hour session where you will be taught the basic principles of fly casting.
More competent anglers can take advantage of learning new casting tecniques or just iron out your casting faults.”
Name: Justin Connolly fly fishing
Phone: 07810 870224/ 018730 830800
Qualifications: GAIA Trout UKCC Level 2 Angling coach
Instruction: Single Handed Fly Fishing, double handed qualification
Levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Guided Fishing: Yes – River Usk and Tribs. Local Stillwaters
Instruction for Corporate Groups: Can be arranged
Onsite Shop: no
Fishing tackle provided: Yes
Accommodation: Can be arranged on request at the Bear Hotel
Just lives just outside Abergavenny. He is a GAIA single handed instructor who has also qualified in double handed casting. Justin is a member of the Gwent angling society, and a committee member and conservation officer for the club. He is a member of the Crickhowell and district anling society, and the club instructor. He holds a Level 2 UKCC coaching licence for game angling.
If any accommodation is required, he has familly connections with the Bear Hotel Crickhowell where accommodation can be arranged.