Sorry, the Summer Catch Competition is now closed for entries.
The best Summer Catch Competition photos will be available for you to view and vote on Thursday 18th August – Tuesday 30th August.
TOP PRIZE: £100 Fishtec voucher – awarded to the photo with the most overall votes.
RUNNERS UP: £30 Fishtec vouchers – awarded to 3 runners up.
From your entries, we’ll post a shortlisted gallery of star quality photographs on our blog.
Readers, friends and family can then vote for their favourite summer catch photo.
The photo with the most votes wins the top prize of a £100 Fishtec voucher.
The ‘best in category’ coarse, fly and sea fishing photo with the most votes (excluding overall winner) will be awarded a £30 Fishtec voucher each.
Tight lines and happy snapping!
Terms and conditions
By entering into this competition, all entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these Terms and Conditions and the competition information, Fishtec shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant.
To enter this competition you must be: (a) a UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
This competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
Fishtec reserves the right to cancel or amend the contest or the terms at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on blog.fishtec.co.uk.
1. Submitted photos should be no larger than 5mb in file size.
2. Entrants must be 18 or over to enter.
3. You must be the copyright owner of any photo submitted.
4. You must have the necessary permission from people who appear in the photo submitted.
5. Do not submit any photographs that are obscene, vulgar, pornographic, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or which otherwise violate any local or international laws.
6. The photographer must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of photos entered in to the competition. Fishtec respects photographer rights and does not claim copyright for images you submit to this competition, you will retain full copyright in each entry. Whenever your image is published by Fishtec you will be credited. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition.
7. By entering this competition you agree that any winning image or shortlisted images you submit may be used by Fishtec for purposes related to the Catch Competition.
8. You hereby grant Fishtec a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each entry for the uses described in 7. above for 1 year following the date of announcement of the winner, thereafter the image may be used for archival purposes by Fishtec.
9. You acknowledge your responsibility for protecting your entry against image misuse by third parties, by for example, but not limited to, the insertion of a watermark, retaining exif data. Fishtec can assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
10. Should any image uses beyond those needed for the competition arise we will endeavour to contact you.
11. Our panel of judges will assess all entries and then select images for a shortlist. The shortlisted images will be voted on by the public. The image with the most votes by the closing date, will be the overall winner. Three runners up will be selected by choosing the fly, sea and coarse fishing photo with the most votes (excluding overall winner).
12. Once voting has closed the winners will be notified within 30 days.
13. The judges decision is final and they do not enter into communication relating to entries.
14. Only one vote per person is permitted.
15. Any votes registered after the voting close time, which will be stated online, will not be included in final count.
16. Fishtec reserves the right to disqualify votes or entries, or suspend voting if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred, or if it considers there has been any attempt to unfairly influence the voting. Fishtec has the right to substitute an alternative selection method at its absolute discretion.
17. If, for any reason, the online voting system fails, the vote may be suspended or a contingency plan may be actioned.
18. Fishtec reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this event at any time.
19. Fishtec does accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any on-line system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
20. After the catch competition closes, the winner and runners up will be awarded the following prizes:
• £100 Fishtec voucher – Overall winner
• £30 Fishtec voucher – Fly fishing runner up
• £30 Fishtec voucher – Coarse fishing runner up
• £30 Fishtec voucher – Sea fishing runner up
21. No alternative products, credit or cash equivalents will be offered.
22. Prize details will be sent to the winner via email within 30 days of the winner being announced.
If you have any queries relating to our terms and conditions please contact: email@example.com