Thank you to all who entered. We will contact the shortlisted entrants by email.
The closing date was Friday 27th May at 5pm. Our judges will create a shortlist of the best fly photos, and publish a gallery where readers can vote from Thursday 2nd June. We’ll inform all shortlisted entrants on that date. We can’t wait to see what you’ve tied!
The winner is the photo with the highest vote rating at the end of the competition.
The closing date for entries is Friday 27th May (at 5pm), and we’ll open the gallery for voting on Thursday 2nd June. If you’re in the shortlist, we’ll let you know so that you can get your friends, family and network to vote for your fly!
The winner will be announced on Tuesday 7th June.
Terms and conditions In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these Terms and Conditions and the competition information, Fishtec shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant.
To enter this competition you must be: (a) a UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
This competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
Fishtec reserves the right to cancel or amend the contest or the terms at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on blog.fishtec.co.uk.
1. Submitted images should be no larger than 5mb in file size.
2. Submitted images should be no larger than 1,000 x 1,000 pixels.
3. Do not submit any photographs that are obscene, vulgar, pornographic, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or which otherwise violate any local or international laws.
4. Entrants must be 18 or over to enter.
5. You must be the copyright owner of any works submitted and you also confirm you have the necessary permission from people who may appear in the photo.
6. Each entrant is invited to submit one entry. In the event of multiple entries being submitted, the moderators will select one of the images to be included in the competition.
7. The photographer must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of photos entered in to the competition. Fishtec respects photographers rights and does not claim copyright for images you submit to this competition, you will retain full copyright in each entry. Whenever your image is published by Fishtec you will be credited. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition.
8. By entering this competition you agree that any winning image or shortlisted images you submit may be used by Fishtec for purposes related to the Classic Catch Competition.
9. You hereby grant Fishtec a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each entry for the uses described in 7. above for 1 year following the date of announcement of the winner, thereafter the image may be used for archival purposes by Fishtec.
10. You acknowledge your responsibility for protecting your entry against image misuse by third parties, by for example, but not limited to, the insertion of a watermark, retaining exif data. Fishtec can assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
11. Should any image uses beyond those needed for the competition arise we will endeavour to contact you.
12. Images will be voted on by the public. The image with the higheset votes by the closing date, will be the winner. Only the winner will receive a prize unless otherwise stated, the shortlisted entries will gain free exposure on blog.fishtec.com.
13. Once voting has closed the winners will be notified within 30 days.
14. The judges decision is final and they do not enter in to communication relating to entries.
15. Only one vote per person per image is permitted.
16. Any votes registered after the voting close time, which will be stated online, will not be included in final count.
17. Fishtec reserves the right to disqualify votes or entries, or suspend voting if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred, or if it considers there has been any attempt to unfairly influence the voting. Fishtec has the right to substitute an alternative selection method at its absolute discretion.
18. If, for any reason, the online voting system fails, the vote may be suspended or a contingency plan may be actioned.
19. Fishtec reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this event at any time.
20. Fishtec does accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any on-line system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
21. In the event of a large amount of entries (as determined by the judges), a shortlist will be produced, to include highest voted entries and (in the event of multiple entries from a single person) the best (as determined by the judges) of an individual’s entries.
22. The prize for this competition is a Airflo mesh vest as shown above and on the page linked to here.
23. No alternative products, credit or cash equivalents will be offered.
24. Prize details will be sent to the winner via email within 30 days of the winner being announced.