Over the last two years the top 10% of anglers from each Airflo Anglian water round have been invited to participate in the Anglian Water Airflo Individual Final held at Grafham Water. Saturday 19th May saw forty anglers take to the water in what could only be described as perfect fishing conditions, overcast with some light rain.
The boats headed off into the usual haunts such as Hedge end, deep water point and the odd one which split from the pack to the south west corner of the lake.
Many anglers took their 8 fish impressively quick, with the quickest going to Rob Edmunds who landed his 8 before 11am!
Results are as followed – (will upload the rest if interested asap)
1. Jos Peeters 8 fish for 25lb 7oz (inc bonus)
2. Martin Williams 8 fish 23lb 13oz
3. Rob Edmunds 8 fish for 22lb 10oz
4. Phil Longstaff 8 fish for 21lb 9oz
5. Graham Pearson 8 fish for 21lb 2oz
6. Tom Gott 8 fish for 21lb 2oz
7. Steve Cullen 8 fish for 21.0oz
8. Craig Smith 8 fish for 19lb 0oz
9. Craig Gimblett8 fish for 17lb 9oz
10. Peter Scholes 8 fish for 17lb 9oz
The top rod of the day went to Jos Peeters who took 8 fish for 25lb 7oz and the biggest fish went to Martin Williams – 5lb 2oz. Forty anglers took a very satisfying 211 fish to give a rod average of just over 5.5. Top angler, Jos, took his winning bag using an Airflo sweep di 5 fly line and a single tequila blob.
Average fish weight: 2lb 25/8oz
Average bag weight: 12lb 01/5oz